As a Holistic Nutritionist, I thought I might share a few ideas on how to support our immune system at these critical times:
• Eating a rainbow of fresh fruits and vegetables, that can be easily washed well, organic if possible; Immune supporting foods are leafy greens, mushrooms, green lentils, onion, etc. Cooking French onion soup would be a great idea;
• Avoiding sugary and processed food, including refined carbs, especially shop bought cakes, sweets, etc.;
• Eating garlic, ginger, turmeric, nourishing WARM home-cooked meals and drinking clove or nettle tea;
• Oxygenating well our bodies by spending more time in nature, especially when it is sunny;
· The amazing Stig Severinsen, Danish Biologist and 4-time world freediving champion offers free Breath Training in Corona Crisis™ course that aim to help you strengthen your lungs and immune system - https://www.healthyandconfident.co.uk/breatheology-stig-severinsen
• You may decide to supplement with:
-Propolis (bee glue)
Studies have shown that people with vitamin D deficiency are 11 times more likely to get a cold or flu.
• Drinking plenty of water - a glass of warm water every 1/2 an hour.
• Practising yoga, meditation, EFT (tapping) or anything that might be calming for your nervous system. Don’t forget to have enough sleep too. A relaxing or defence essential oil blend can be beneficial;
• Being positive – perhaps watching a comedy, calling a dear friend with a good sense of humour and having a good laugh. As stress compromises our immune systems it is very important to do our best to lift the energy and be optimistic;
• Trying to support friends and the community or asking for help if you need to.
May you and your families be healthy and positive!
Holistic nutritionist, B.Med.S (Hons)