Our beginners’ course I & II are an introduction to yoga, its philosophy and it’s practices.
A typical 1 hour class will comprise of 10 to 15 minutes introduction, where we explain what elements of yoga we shall be studying and its practical benefits, the historical context and the modern research backing up this ancient wisdom. The rest of the hour is dedicated to the instruction of the physical practices and relaxation techniques.
Our first package provides you with the knowledge and confidence to participate in any yoga class at our, or any other studio. By the end of both courses, you will not only have an understanding of the art and science of yoga as a holistic philosophy for a complete healthy lifestyle; but also an understanding into the more esoteric, less tangible ideas of the energetic and spiritual, which make up our personality.
Beginners’ course I
Yoga, Benefits & Definition
The benefits of Yoga
What is yoga? - a traditional yogic definition
Yoga in a modern context
> Introduction to Jattis
> Introduction to Kriyas
concepts: yoga, astanga, Patanjali
Yoga, the mother of all sciences & the schools of yoga
Specialisation in Modern Science
Yoga as a package
> Poses (within the Kriyas)
concepts: Hatha, Raja, Tantra, Yantra, Mantra, Nada, Bhakti, Karma
Yoga and the mind
5 Bodies (light introduction)
Chakras (light introduction)
> Jattis (full)
> Kriyas (full)
> Our types of classes & its benefits
concepts: Pancha Koshas; Ahara/Vihara; Achara/Vichara
Extending life, extending Prana
energy & breathing
Macro-cosmos & our micro-cosmos
life, past, present & future
> Loma-Viloma Sequence
concepts: Prana (life force). Atman & Paratman, Ahankara, Tantra, sankia
Beginners’ course II
benefits of breathing
coming back to the breath
> Pranava Om
> Shanti Mantra
concepts: Prana, Pranayama (life-force/breath expansion) & Nada Yoga (yoga of sound and vibration)
> Sun Salutation I & II
> yoga Nidra
concepts: Pratyahara (sensory withdrawal), Dharana (Focus) & Dhyana (Meditation)
Yoga as a way a life
> Sun Salutation III & IV
concepts: yamas & Niyamas
> Quiet sitting
> Sun Salutation
> Shanti Mantra
concepts: Ananda, Samadhi, Moksha
- Sun, May 17Yoga1 StudiosMay 17, 2020, 10:30 AMYoga1 Studios, Studio 40, 40 Lynchford Road, Aldershot, Farnborough GU14 6EF, UKCalling yoga teachers, personal trainers, and carers. Join me for a science-based series of discussions and workshops exploring the therapeutic potential of yoga blended with aspects of other health disciplines. Participants will be invited to join the discussion and practice with their own bodies.
- Sat, Mar 07Yoga1 StudiosMar 07, 2020, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PMYoga1 Studios, Studio 40, 40 Lynchford Road, Aldershot, Farnborough GU14 6EF, UKDeepen your knowledge on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras & learn how to chant them. We selected a few of the most relevant sutras and we will be discussing its meaning, historical context, and modern significance.
- Tue, Feb 04Yoga1 Studios
- Sat, Jul 06Yoga1 Farnborough Sala
- Sat, Jun 29Yoga1 Farnborough Sala
- Sat, Jun 22Yoga1 Farnborough Sala
- Sat, Jun 22Yoga1
- Sat, Jun 15Yoga1 Farnborough Sala
- Sat, Jun 08Yoga1 Farnborough SalaJun 08, 2019, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PMYoga1 Farnborough Sala, Lynchford Road, Farnborough GU14 6EF, UKThis series of six classes are all about building the strength for your yoga poses. You will finish your series with a full class on Inversions. First Class is Free for FULL PAYING YOGA1 Members or Pass Holders. Groupon Members will pay £10 at the entrance.
- Mon, Jan 28Yoga1, Farnborough Sala @ Studio 40Jan 28, 2019, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PMYoga1, Farnborough Sala @ Studio 40, 40 Lynchford Rd Aldershot, Farnborough, Aldershot, Farnborough GU14 6EF, UKIt is with enormous pleasure that we invite you to the opening of our YOGA1 Farnborough Shala. Yoga, Satsanga & bubbles! Door open at 4:30pm. Event starts at 6pm.